Overlay – It’s the key to a professional stream.
Overlay and why it is so important – Have you ever got on a stream where the flair was just not right? Maybe the streamer was boring or the interface he was using. Maybe he played the wrong game or you did not like his attitude. If you want to succeed as a streamer you need to work on yourself as if you want to succeed in a normal job. I want to get some facts straight here, before I go over to the Overlay section.
- Streaming is hard work and you need to learn it! It is kind of like sports, the least people are born entertainers. But that is exactly what you need to be in order to become a successful streamer.
- Make a schedule and stick to it. People want to know when to watch you.
- Get yourself a webcam. There are only a handful of streamers who got successful without actually showing their face in their stream. People want to see who they are interacting with.
- Honor your viewers. When your viewers follow you or even donate to your stream, the often want to be heard or recognized. Do that by using Twitch Alerts, for example. Engage your viewers.
- Your stream has to look professional. The more Professional it looks the more people will click onto your channel when they see your thumbnail. That is where we come into play.
This can be though, especially number 1 and 2. Without dedication, you won’t get far in this business. But that is not what I want to talk about. Since I am not a professional streamer.
I have something that is maybe equally important, your streams image. When people see your thumbnail on twitch (most times by browsing through hundreds and hundreds of people) you want them to stop scrolling and look at exactly yours. In the best case they will even click at it and give you a try. That is what a streamer wants.
How to make People visit your Channel
This is the hard part. Since they won’t hear you and can’t really see what kind of a guy/girl your are, you need to attract them with visuals. That’s where you have some options:
- You look great, are attractive and gorgeous (to be honest most of us aren’t).
- You have nice visuals in your stream for example a well crafted overlay.
- Option 1 and 2 combined (perfect, why are you even here?)
Well since the looks don’t come naturally and not all of us are blessed with flawless skin, a nice chest, beautiful eyes some of us have to relay on an Overlay.
Difference between a good and a bad Overlay
Well, here is the thing. Not all of us are designers, some of us do not have acquired the skills you need, some of us do not have access to the right software. Don’t get me wrong, you can learn all of this which would bring us right back to the beginning of this little story here, it is hard work! But you might not be here to hear about it.
An Overlay simply needs to look good. It must not look like you made it yourself with maybe MS Paint, no clue what you were doing, simply putting pixels together to maybe fit together in a chaotic manner. It has to be Modern in order to attract people, remember? So if you do not possess said skills and/or software, you need someone who got access to both. You need a designer for your stream.
Overlays are our Profession.
This is where we can help you. With state of the art software like Photoshop and Illustrator we are able to craft what ever you can imagine. Our designers are well trained and work in fields like web-design and media-design as well as marketing experts who can help you with a perfect concept for your Stream.
We can and want to help you create an entire stream design for your twitch stream, we know our way around OBS, XSplit and every common streaming tool in case that you need help. We got Access to Skype, Discord or Teamspeak 3 so you can talk to us.
Fact is, that a professional Overlay, well made Panels and astonishing Alerts will lead to more viewers. More viewers will attract more viewers. This gives you a proper ground to start your career on.
Find some Overlay examples